Health & Fitness

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Mayo Clinic Diet





I have read through this book a couple times and the program is actually somewhat simple to follow, especially if you are one of those hard to please readers such as I am while reading a blah boring book about weight loss.

The Mayo Clinic Diet Book starts out with a 2 week cycle of adopting five good eating and excersize habits as you eliminate five bad habits (such as junk food, etc). It even sets you up with guidelines to follow with a journal and your eating habits in general. The Journal has a Habit Tracker within it so you can put in your starting weight... and check off the habits you are applying each day. The book is super visual as well so it keeps me occupied as I read. It leads you along a path of goals to follow, which really keep me moving on my diet program. Writing all of the info and eating habits I should adopt really get my mind into gear.

With this book I was able to lose about an average of two to four pounds a week (sometimes even more!) and the results have stayed. I usually don't abide by many of the diet books I read, but this one being so involving...it just.. KEPT ME MOVING!.. and losing weight as well. I feel more healthy than I have in a long time and I've started looking even better too.

Definately a recommended read for anyone who is look to lose some weight quick and succeed with a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment